Thermal, California – May 10, 2022 – Desert International Horse Park (DIHP) is excited to announce its 2022-2023 show schedule. The upcoming season* will include 14 weeks of hunter jumper competition, with 11 weeks of FEI competition and 12 Premier-rated hunter competitions.
Show dates for the 2022-2023 season are as follows:
National Sunshine Series: November 2-13, 2022
- NSS I***: November 2-6, 2022 – Premier Hunter / Jumper Level 6 / WCHR** / $100,000 WCHR West Coast Hunter Spectacular**
- NSS II***: November 9-13, 2022 – Premier Hunter / Jumper Level 6 / $65,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby Regional Championships
Desert Holiday: November 30-December 18, 2022
- DH I***: November 30 – December 4, 2022 – CSI5* / Jumper Level 6 / National Hunter
- DH II: December 7-11, 2022 – CSI5*-AA / Jumper Level 6 / Premier Hunter / WCHR**
- DH III: December 14-18, 2022 – Jumper Level 4 / National Hunter
Desert Circuit: January 4-March 19, 2023 (off-weeks will be held February 20-28 and January 23-31)
- DC I: January 4-8, 2023 – CSI2* / Jumper Level 5 / Premier Hunter
- DC II: January 11-15, 2023 – CSI3* / Jumper Level 6 / Premier Hunter
- DC III: January 18-22, 2023 – CSI3* / Jumper Level 6 / Premier Hunter
- DC IV: February 1-5, 2023 – CSI2* / Jumper Level 5 / Premier Hunter
- DC V: February 8-12, 2023 – CSI3* / Jumper Level 6 Premier Hunter / WCHR**
- DC VI: February 15-19, 2023 – CSI4* / Jumper Level 6 / Premier Hunter
- DC VII: March 1-5, 2023 – CSI3* / Jumper Level 6 / Premier Hunter
- DC VIII: March 8-12, 2023 – CSI3* / Jumper Level 6 / Premier Hunter
- DC IX: March 15-19, 2023 – CSI4* / Jumper Level 6 / Premier Hunter / WCHR** / $100,000 WCHR West Coast Hunter Spectacular**
Steve Hankin, President and CEO of DIHP commented, “Recently, the USEF took the extraordinary step to vacate all of the horse show licenses for California in 2023 and start anew. We supported and participated in the process to define a new calendar for the West Coast. All of our conversations with USEF began and ended with one simple question: what can we, as DIHP, do to help build the sport in California?”
“As much as we have invested to improve the physical condition of the horse park (improvements that focused on ensuring the footing supported international-level competition and created an environment for horses to stay comfortably for an extended period), we knew and know that an equal investment is needed in the competition program, in the hospitality and food program, and in our customer management to help improve the sport in California,” continued Hankin. “We were prepared to do our part and more. Over the next few months, we will detail the many changes in our schedule to highlight the commitments we have made. These include running Desert Circuit nine weeks instead of eight, to add an extra off-week so that competition runs in three week cycles; running both a strong national jumper program and FEI competition each of the nine weeks; and elevating our hunter rating to Premier each week.”
“We recognize that the fall and winter circuit serves as a significant anchor for the West Coast. As such, we have heard your feedback and agree that it is essential to elevate the competition for all riders to ensure everyone on the West Coast has every opportunity to compete at a national and international level. We are proud of the improvements we have made and we hope, over time, you are proud to call DIHP your winter home,” concluded Hankin.
Stay tuned for many more details to come regarding the exciting upcoming season at Desert International Horse Park.
About Desert International Horse Park
With nearly 1.6 million square feet of competition and riding space, the Desert International Horse Park is one of the largest equestrian facilities in North America. Offering multiple weeks of world-class equestrian competition from October through March, the facility is a destination location for thousands of equestrians, their horses, family and friends for several months annually. Competitors from all over the world travel to Thermal, CA to not only compete but to enjoy everything the desert has to offer.
Source: Press Release by Tori Bilas / Phelps Media Group, Inc. for Desert International Horse Park