Leipzig, Germany – April 07, 2022 – A total of eight U.S. Jumping combinations will begin their competition week tomorrow at Leipzig Messe to start the 2022 FEI Jumping World Cup Final in Leipzig, Germany. Round I will start at 2:35 p.m. GMT+2/8:35 a.m. EST, with a total of 39 international combinations vying for qualification for Sunday’s final competition.
Tomorrow’s Round I competition will follow Table C formatting, testing each combination’s speed and handiness around the track designed by Frank Rothenberger (GER). Round II, scheduled to take place on Friday, April 8, will highlight a 1.60m track and include a jump-off round for combinations who finish clear in their first tour of the track. The Final Round on Sunday, April 10, will welcome back the top thirty combinations from the first two rounds to compete for the coveted top overall prize.
The following combinations will represent the United States in tomorrow’s first round of competition:
- Misti Cassar (USA) and Mylord Cornet, her own 2010 Oldenburg gelding
- Katie Dinan (USA) and Brego R’N B, a 2006 KWPN gelding owned by Grant Road Partners LLC
- Hunter Holloway (USA) and Pepita Con Spita, a 2011 Westphalian mare owned by Hays Investment Corp.
- Schuyler Riley (USA) and Robin De Ponthual, a 2005 Selle Français gelding owned by Katherine Gallagher
- Aaron Vale (USA) and Elusive, a 2009 Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by Thinks Like a Horse
- Kristen Vanderveen (USA) and Bull Run’s Prince of Peace, a 2009 Holsteiner gelding owned by Bull Run Jumpers Six LLC
- Alessandra Volpi (USA) and Berlinda, her own 2008 Warmblood mare
- McLain Ward (USA) and Contagious, a 2009 Deutches Sportpferd gelding owned by Beechwood Stables LLC
Margie Engle (USA.) who would have made her 18th FEI Jumping World Cup Finals appearance this year, has unfortunately withdrawn due to non-COVID related health concerns.
Source: Press Release by the US Equestrian Communications Department for USEF / US Equestrian – United States Equestrian Federation
Photo: © USEF Equestrian