Wellington, Florida, USA – November 29, 2021 – Starting in July of 2021, the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC) has been undergoing significant improvements to the grounds in order to benefit participants and their horses. Thanks to the investment of the Global Equestrian Group, the facility has received some much-needed upgrades and attention, and that trend will continue for years to come as new projects are planned each year. Many upgrades have already been completed, and further projects will be completed by the beginning of the 2022 Winter Equestrian Festival (WEF). Here are some of the changes competitors can expect:
- Thanks to JTWG, Inc. and ProEquus, the Mogavero Ring was completed in September with full footing replacement and Q-40 mats, adding an approximate additional 5,000 square feet to the schooling area.
- Ring 6 was completed in October with an ebb-flow system throughout, and the schooling area was redone to add approximately 3,300 square feet.
- The FEI ring footing was completely replaced. The FEI Lunging area footing was completely replaced with Q-40 mats, adding approximately 1,000 square feet. The FEI quarantine stalls were relocated to another fenced section, making room for a substantial amount of irrigated grazing area. The CEM area was upgraded in December with a new 24-stall system adding the necessary room to what we expect will be a busy FEI Season.
- Rings 9 and 10 both received full footing replacement, which was completed at the beginning of November. Both schooling areas increased in size by approximately 4,000 square feet each. The fencing has been completely replaced with three-board fencing. This was a direct response to the survey feedback we received from WEF competitors.
- JTWG, Inc. has started construction of a new, more than 20,000-square-foot longing area with mats that will replace the previous Tent B. This will remain a dedicated longing area throughout the season. In addition, the North ebb-flow ring that was previously rented as a private ring will be a longing and open riding ring (with specified times for each) adding over 39,000 square feet to our open ring areas.
- Other improvements include over two miles of new fencing, improvements to numerous seating areas, and wash rack upgrades.
We are far from done with more exciting projects on the horizon! Enhancements across the venue remain in progress. Thank you for your continued support of PBIEC and WEF. We look forward to improving even more for you and welcoming you to the 2022 WEF. See you in January!
Source: Press Release from PBIEC – Palm Beach International Equestrian Center
Photos: © PBIEC